RUNAR MYHRE (@MyhreRunar)
By Adrian Dater
Runar Myhre lives in Norway, which, at last check, has wireless internet and many other modern electronic conveniences.
That said, Norway isn’t the easiest place in the world to find fellow Colorado Avalanche fanatics like himself with which to commune.
“In Norway, there is zero media coverage around the team. That’s why I started “Avalanche Norge” (@Avalanche_Norway) on Twitter,” Myhre says. “With the good job you do, it makes it easy for me to spread Avs news around!”
Thank you Runar. That’ll be an additional $29.99 for my services. Just kidding.
Runar is 32 and lives in Oslo. He got into the Avs as a kid because of his big brother, who was a Peter Forsberg fanatic and that love of him and the Avs was passed along to him. When the Avs play at 7 p.m. at the Pepsi Center, it’s 3 a.m. in Oslo. But that does NOT stop Runar from very often staying up to watch the games, live on his Center Ice package.
“It’s hard to go straight to work after a game,” he admits. “But it becomes a habit.”
Runar watched quite a few Avs players during the 2013 lockout, especially Matt Duchene and Ryan O’Reilly, when they played overseas. He has made two trips to the U.S. in his lifetime and seen 11 Avs games in those visits, with stops in Denver, California and New York. He plans on more visits.
“It’s been great getting to know so many Avs fans on those visits,” he says. “Avs fans are special.”
Welcome to the Colorado Hockey Now family, Runar. Thanks for your support.
TAKE FIVE (QUESTIONS)
- What is one must thing I need to do if I visit Oslo? You should definitely check out Oscarsborg, that place is famous for their effort against Germany in the Second World War. Then you should see a place called Holmenkollen, it’s a famous place for ski jumping. Then the best for last: Watch Vaalerenga play either hockey or soccer. Great atmosphere.
- Did you know that one million earths can fit comfortably into one sun? Well that sounds crazy, but I didn’t know that.
- Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met/interacted with? When I was a kid, I played soccer with Mats Zuccarello.
- What movie made you genuinely scared when you watched? Since I’m pretty scared of snakes, I saw the movie “Snakes on a Plane” and that movie scares the s*** out of me.
- Have you ever cried after an Avalanche loss? Well I think I never cried after an Avalanche loss but I was pretty close after a certain offside call