Avalanche lineup vs. Dallas tonight, preseason Game No. 2
Back from the morning skate at the Pepsi Center, where the Colorado Avalanche will host the kinda-sorta Dallas Stars tonight (7 p.m.). Altitude TV will have the broadcast, but no deal yet between them and the Big 3 cable companies. I keep hearing that Altitude is exploring a “variety of options” at getting their product distributed to a wide audience. Could it be Amazon, or YouTube or Hulu or some other outlet? Yeah, could be I imagine.
But as for now, you still can’t see the product unless you live outside Denver and/or have a different cable company.
So, the lineup for tonight is posted above. Obviously, a little more firepower in the Avs lineup than the one from Tuesday night, eh?
- Obviously, a fun part of this game will be seeing Nazem Kadri in action for the first time in an Avs sweater.
- One other interesting thing: Martin Kaut will be in the lineup and Tyson Jost won’t. Jost was/is supposed to be the left wing on a line with Kadri to start the season. Is this more of an audition for a guy like Kaut to see what he can do? Or, what about Val Nichushkin? Jared Bednar doesn’t do media meet-ups at morning skates in the preseason, just after games.
- I doubt it’s anything that consequential. Just food for thought.
- I’ll have a feature later on Philipp Grubauer, and his outlook going into a season where he’s the No. 1 guy for the first time in his career.
- Gabe Landeskog was at a Barnes and Noble last night, stocking up on new books. He’s a big reader. He just finished “Shoe Dog”, the story of Nike.
- Site news: First podcast should be up tomorrow late afternoon, early evening. Me and Jesse Montano talking Avs on “Can’t Hear What Jeremy Says”.
- We’re at 108% of our subscription sales goal for one year – after three months. Thanks and keep spreading the gospel.