Anybody else a little surprised that this current nine-game road win streak is the all-time franchise record for the Avalanche? I thought for sure there must have been a longer streak somewhere in 2001 or 1996, but no. This edition of the Avs is a record-setter.
That win last night? Not the most impressive one, over one of the worst teams in the NHL of the last 30 years, but a win’s a win. We know the Avs were missing plenty of guys in the game, too, including, now, Cale Makar. I’m done trying to be Dr. Dater with injuries, so it’s upper-body, day-to-day and that’s all I know.
There is no Avs practice today, so the next opportunity to get any real info. on Cale will be at the morning skate tomorrow.
Some links around the league
- Pekka Rinne allowed a career-worst eight goals last night. Nashville is still in a decent position to win a wild-card, though, because nearest competitors Winnipeg and Arizona have played two more games than the Preds. (Tennessean)
- Ten European free agents who could land NHL deals this summer (Hockey News)
- Ten of the Blues’ final 16 games are against Eastern teams (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Former Avs John Mitchell and Kyle Quincey have created their own IPA beer (Twitter)
- Emergency goalie procedure doesn’t need change, GMs say (NHL.com)