Still trying to digest last night’s loss to the Ducks. Hey, it’s the parity life of the NHL. Best not to overanalyze it too much. Still, these overtime losses…there has just been a particular shock to them. It’s like watching a really good band for two hours, and then the guitar player breaks the string on his final note.
Let’s get on with some links:
- Too bad Cale Makar won’t be in Vancouver for Friday’s game, because Quinn Hughes apparently thinks he’s the better rookie right now. (The Score)
- Former Av Johnny Boychuk needed 90 stitches for that cut around his eye the other night – and he was lucky (The Score)
- Which teams will benefit from the next new salary cap numbers? (Hockey News)
- Hockey News did a feature on our Val (Hockey News)
- Everybody in Dallas is worried about Alexander Radulov (Dallas Morning News)
- Don’t look now, but here come the Minnesota Wild (StarTribune)
FIVE THINGS I THINK RIGHT NOW
- I’m really frigging tired of taking 20 mg a day of prednisone to just be able to get through a day, with my bad back. Can’t get any surgery for a couple months probably. So I gotta take pills just to get through. It sucks, and I’m tired of talking about it.
- I really want Liam and Noel Gallagher to make up and get Oasis back together. I’ve been listening to fair amout of their stuff lately (I’m a late bloomer when it comes to everything) and I want them back.
- I think Panda Express is frigging awesome. You get your good chinese takeout food in, like three minutes at the drive-through.
- Being a father is getting tougher. My kid is 16, plays some guitar and is generally a cool, good kid. But I just always feel like I’m not doing enough to “guide” him to some better, more accomplished world. It’s always on my mind.
- I can’t wait for the return of “Thirtysomething.” That was my favorite show from about 1988-92. Never missed a show, bought the DVD box and everything. This is where you say “OK Boomer.” But I’m not a Boomer. I missed it by six days. I’m Gen X.