Happy Friday everyone. Let’s make it a great one, eh? It was a good Friday for Michael Hutchinson, at least, as the goalie, who won two playoff games for the Avalanche in the second round of the playoffs, signed a two-year contract to go back to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Thanks for the memories, Hutch. Well, except for those final minutes of Game 7 and OT, that is. The Michael Hutchinson departure means Hunter Miska, who recently signed a two-year deal with the Avs organization, is your No. 3 goalie on the depth chart.
Let’s do some links:
- Don’t forget to get your name in the hopper for the latest Colorado Hockey Now giveaway, which includes a Chris Drury bobblehead doll and some cool stuff from that first season in Denver. I’ll do the drawing on Saturday. Details how to enter here.
- Really terrible news, the death of Travis Roy yesterday. It’s one of the saddest hockey stories ever, but he battled bravely after being paralyzed, just 11 seconds into his college hockey career with Boston University. (Boston Hockey Now)
- Drury was a teammate of Roy’s, and maintained close ties to him.
- Here are pics and a story about Avs prospect Martin Kaut, in Sweden, playing for MODO. Kaut was slated to make his debut for MODO today, in a game. (Modohockey)
- A familar face to Avs fans is now the coach of MODO (Modohockey)
- Former Chicago and Florida GM Dale Tallon, who was cleared by the NHL after allegations of racist comments were made against him in the playoffs, could be headed to Pittsburgh’s front office. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now).
- Tyler Seguin could be sidelined the next four months (NHL.com).
- The Avs signed defenseman Kyle Burroughs to a one-year deal today. Burroughs was acquired from the Islanders for A.J. Greer. More on Burroughs’ career here (Hockeydb)
- Rick “Let’s go, get him off the ice” Bowness signed a two-year deal to stay as Stars coach (NHL.com)
- It’s been a rough last few months for the Arizona Coyotes, and the Mitchell Miller episode only blights the franchise further (Hockey News)
- I’m a forgiving guy, a second-chances guy – because lord knows I’ve needed both before. But the stuff Miller did and said – it’s pretty heinous. I think you have to walk away.
- Want $10 off your purchase of $25 or more at Total Beverage? Use the promo code AD10 in the checkout box at the store website (or use it with the clerk at the stores themselves) (Total Beverage)