Happy Sunday. Believe it or not, you can watch top Avs prospects Justin Barron, Bo Byram and Alex Newhook play hockey tonight. Well, maybe. It depends on what the coaches decide.
But there will be an intrasquad game for the Team Canada World Junior Selection Camp tonight, and you can watch it online by clicking here. It starts at 6 mountain. Byram and Barron played in the first intrasquad game (there are three scheduled). (UPDATE: Newhook is still in quarantine until Tuesday. Forgot about that lol).
Some links from around the league:
- Hey Avs/NHL jersey hounds looking for a bargain: Some big savings here for the next 12 hours (Fanatics)
- How the NHL’s proposed new escrow/deferral plan would affect the typical NHL player (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Florida became the first NHL team ever to hire a black assistant general manager. Good for them. (Boston Globe)
- Sportsnet has a “greatest goal of the century” contest. I fully expect to see Valeri Kamensky’s spin-o-rama goal in Florida in 1997 to be in there (Sportsnet)
- Sounds like the Bruins could still get Coyotes defenseman Oliver-Ekman Larsson (Boston Hockey Now)
- The San Jose Sharks vs. Google? Yes, it’s on (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Vegas is already declaring themselves the class of the West. We’ll see (Vegas Hockey Now)
- I’m still really torn on how I feel about the NHL likely having only inter-division play for the next regular season – if there is one. But, I guess at this point, I’m just hoping to see any hockey at all. It seems like we’ll get one – I talked to a high-ranking NHL official a couple days ago who is optimistic we’ll have a season, and starting some time in January – but seeing the same six opponents all the time? Yeah, 2020 I guess.
- How far will NHL players be pushed financially? (Hockey News)