CHN Puck Links: When will more Avs Reverse Retro Jerseys be here?
A LOT of people keep asking: when can we expect to be able to buy Avs Reverse Retro jerseys again? The answer: probably not until May at the earliest.
The NHL is the entity that is responsible for the ordering and production of the jerseys, and from what I have gathered, the league/Avs/Altitude/Adidas/all other outlets/ have sold out of their original order of 7,500 Avs Reverse Retro jerseys. There are more ordered, but it takes time to get them from factories overseas to North American shores. May is the target date to have more for actual purchase, but it may not be until Fall of 2021 before an “oversupply” can be a reality.
Some puck links for a Tuesday:
- Best wishes to longtime New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist as he readies to undergo serious heart surgery, per his announcement on social media on Monday. King Henrik was planning to play this 2021 season with the Washington Capitals after a long, Hall of Fame-level career stopping pucks for the Rangers but announced in the last few weeks that he’d be forced to sit out while dealing with a newly discovered heart condition.
King Henrik said he needs aortic valve replacement, aortic root and ascending aortic replacement in an open-heart surgery, and that sounds pretty significant to this medical layman.
- Jonathan Toews will miss the start of the season with Chicago because of an unspecified illness. A day before, it was learned Kirby Dach would miss 4-5 months with a broken wrist. (NBC Chicago)
- Wondering what Gerard Gallant has been up to lately? CBC caught up with the former VGK head coach as he awaits his next gig. (CBC)
- Andreas Anthanasiou has signed with the LA Kings on a one-year deal. (Sportsnet)
- Here’s a list of 10 rookies to keep an eye on for your fantasy hockey draft. (Sportsnet)
- Bo Byram will be a co-captain with Team Canada during the World Juniors (Sportsnet)
- Some early hockey bets you should consider (Bookies.com)