Happy Saturday. As I speak, the snow is finally starting to come down. Let’s do some puck links to pass the time, starting off with something on Jack Eichel:
- He’s out indefinitely with a upper-body injury. That’s going to quiet some trade rumors that had been growing. I don’t claim to be an insider on his situation in Buffalo, but I think he’ll be traded by the next season. The Sabres are a mess, and while it hasn’t been Eichel’s fault, they’ve been a last-place team even when he’s been healthy. The Sabres need better players around him, including a goalie, but the biggest reason why I think he’ll be traded is that I bet he’s just sick of it there and wants to start over somewhere else. That’s just my opinion. More on the Eichel situation here: (The Score)
- Marc-Andre Fleury was placed in the COVID protocol on Wednesday. However, it was confirmed he suffered a false positive, and he started Friday night. Here’s the full Fleury story.
- The Avs have had two players who received false positive tests this season: Hunter Mieska and Shane Bowers. That’s why Bowers needlessly missed some of training camp, in fact.
- Edmonton Oilers GM Ken Holland says he wants an impact player, but it’s dollar-in, dollar-out for the Oilers.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs are hunting a top-six winger.
- Minnesota’s Karill Kaprizov is on fire. The rookie had a hat trick on Friday night. Here are the Kaprizov highlights
- It’s almost halfway in the NHL season, and Ryan Gilbert writes, it’s time for the Flyers to show what they’re made of.
- The New York Islanders are rolling through the East Division. 1A goalie Ilya Sorokin is getting the job done.
- The Los Angeles Kings, like the Avs, did not practice Saturday. But it may not have been just because of the snow. Kings coach Todd McLellan said on a Zoom call that several Kings players woke up “not feeling well”, but that he didn’t think it was Covid-related.
- It’s a tough blow for the first-place New York Islanders as they are going to lose Anders Lee to injury for what sounds like a long period of time. Our Christian Arnold has the story from the Island. (NYI Hockey Now)
- Darryl Sutter gets his first win for the Calgary Flames as there’s clearly a new sheriff in town with his arrival. (Calgary Sun)
Don't Miss a Post!
Betting with the Barbers
Avs Team and Cap Info
Colorado Avalanche14 hours ago
Avs Notebook: Nathan MacKinnon will not play Saturday; Newhook sent to Eagles
Colorado Avalanche18 hours ago
Jared Bednar back behind Avs bench; MacKinnon update
The Soapbox1 day ago
Fan’s View: What it was like being at a full, sellout crowd again for an Avs game
Colorado Avalanche2 days ago
Peter Forsberg to be at Avs game Saturday to honor Pierre Lacroix
Colorado Avalanche2 days ago
Landeskog to have hearing, suspension likely *Updated
Colorado Avalanche1 week ago
Avs Notebook: Four players placed on waivers, early word on Francouz encouraging
Avs Training Camp1 week ago
Bowers and Kaut demoted again; Artem Anisimov cut loose
Avs Training Camp7 days ago
Trying to guess who survives the Avs’ final cuts
Colorado Avalanche5 days ago
Avs announce 23-man opening-night roster
Grades2 days ago