Happy Saturday. As I speak, the snow is finally starting to come down. Let’s do some puck links to pass the time, starting off with something on Jack Eichel:
- He’s out indefinitely with a upper-body injury. That’s going to quiet some trade rumors that had been growing. I don’t claim to be an insider on his situation in Buffalo, but I think he’ll be traded by the next season. The Sabres are a mess, and while it hasn’t been Eichel’s fault, they’ve been a last-place team even when he’s been healthy. The Sabres need better players around him, including a goalie, but the biggest reason why I think he’ll be traded is that I bet he’s just sick of it there and wants to start over somewhere else. That’s just my opinion. More on the Eichel situation here: (The Score)
- Marc-Andre Fleury was placed in the COVID protocol on Wednesday. However, it was confirmed he suffered a false positive, and he started Friday night. Here’s the full Fleury story.
- The Avs have had two players who received false positive tests this season: Hunter Mieska and Shane Bowers. That’s why Bowers needlessly missed some of training camp, in fact.
- Edmonton Oilers GM Ken Holland says he wants an impact player, but it’s dollar-in, dollar-out for the Oilers.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs are hunting a top-six winger.
- Minnesota’s Karill Kaprizov is on fire. The rookie had a hat trick on Friday night. Here are the Kaprizov highlights
- It’s almost halfway in the NHL season, and Ryan Gilbert writes, it’s time for the Flyers to show what they’re made of.
- The New York Islanders are rolling through the East Division. 1A goalie Ilya Sorokin is getting the job done.
- The Los Angeles Kings, like the Avs, did not practice Saturday. But it may not have been just because of the snow. Kings coach Todd McLellan said on a Zoom call that several Kings players woke up “not feeling well”, but that he didn’t think it was Covid-related.
- It’s a tough blow for the first-place New York Islanders as they are going to lose Anders Lee to injury for what sounds like a long period of time. Our Christian Arnold has the story from the Island. (NYI Hockey Now)
- Darryl Sutter gets his first win for the Calgary Flames as there’s clearly a new sheriff in town with his arrival. (Calgary Sun)
Don't Miss a Post!
Betting with the Barbers
Avs Team and Cap Info
Morning Skate Diary7 hours ago
Projected Avs, Blues lines and D pairs for Game 2
Gaming7 hours ago
Why Gaming Can Help Hockey Players Better Manage Stress
NHL Stuff8 hours ago
Five Signs of Hockey Genius in the NHL
Avalanche playoffs21 hours ago
Ryan O’Reilly Avalanche Career Remains an Enigma (+)
Avalanche playoffs2 days ago
Frei: Manson-Girard pairing has a big night
Avalanche playoffs7 days ago
Avalanche to face St. Louis Blues in Round 2
Colorado Avalanche1 week ago
AVS WRAP: A look back at sweep of Preds, a look ahead to Round 2
Avalanche playoffs3 days ago
Scouts, NHL exec weigh in on Avalanche and chances against Blues (+)
CHN+1 week ago
Avs will get rest before next series, but will it induce rust?
Mailbag1 week ago