Make a mistake in overtime to cost your team a playoff game? Alexander Ovechkin might just want a word with you, on national television.
Ovechkin chewed out teammate Ilya Samsonov for his misplay of a puck that led to Craig Smith’s overtime goal that gave the Boston Bruins a 2-1 series lead over the Washington Capitals. Ovechkin also took out his frustration on his poor stick. According to one Russian journalist, Ovechkin was yelling “Don’t sleep, bitch” in his native tongue to his countryman.
See for yourself:
LINKS FROM AROUND THE LEAGUE
- The Islanders have nearly 150 hits through two games of their series with the Pens. Sullivan was having none of reporters’ concern over that stat and shut down any talk the Pittsburgh Penguins can’t handle it.
- NYI Hockey Now: There are lots of questions if Barry Trotz should have started Ilya Sorokin in Game 2, especially after Semyon Varlamov whiffed on Bryan Rust’s long wrister. Our NYI takes a stance.
- NHL: The Draft Lottery will take place on June 2, and the odds are set for the 16 teams that are not in the playoffs. The Seattle Kraken will pick third, just like the Vegas Golden Knights. Buffalo has the best shot at the first-overall pick.
- Florida: Goalie controversy for Game 3 in Florida! Everyone weighs in, including our George Richards. Should Florida go with Bob? Chris Driedger? Or….surprise ’em all and go with Spencer Knight?
- Good guy John Davidson is going back to Columbus (Hockey News)
- The Red Wings, cellar-dwellers in recent years, extended the contract of their coach, Jeff Blashill. (Hockey News)