Good Saturday to you all. This is Day 10, post-Avs-elimination, and, yeah, it still stinks. We all could have been watching the Avs and Canadiens go at it last night and yes I’ll stop now.
Some links, notes, thoughts, etc.
- Marc-Andre Fleury’s muff of a puck behind his net in Game 3 last night was very similar to the one Patrick Roy had in Game 4 of the 2001 Stanley Cup Finals, in New Jersey. Roy’s gaffe, which resulted in a Jay Pandolfo goal, cost the game. But Patrick Roy would atone for that, with a brilliant final two games and a Stanley Cup. We’ll see if Flower can recover from this too.
- Carl Soderberg is going back to Sweden, signing a two-year deal with the Malmo Redhawks of the Swedish League (Daily Faceoff)
- Best wishes to Carl in his homeland. I always got the sense that he couldn’t wait to go back home.
- The Avs Alumni Association had a softball game yesterday to benefit charities. Here are some pics:
Awesome day at our inaugural softball tournament with OneGoat Foundation! pic.twitter.com/KQtXpI1OlG
— Colorado Avalanche Alumni Association (@AlumniColorado) June 19, 2021
- Caps fans: Tuesday at noon eastern, the latest Hockey Now site will go live. Washington Hockey Now (Washington Hockey Now)
- NYI: Yeah, the New York Islanders sent a message in Game 1, but ever since, the Tampa Bay Lightning have been reminding the Islanders why they’re the champs.
- It was the 10th anniversary of the Boston Bruins winning Game 7 and the Stanley Cup in Vancouver. Milan Lucic, an integral part of that team, crashed Rogers Arena with a couple of Stellas to celebrate.
- The Penguins just might need a center after Seattle plucks a player from the Penguins roster. Or if you just want to know who’s fading, who’s a bargain–three NHL scouts gave us a peek at their scouting reports on a few UFA centers, including Nick Bonino, Eric Haula, and Ryan Getzlaf.
- Is Seth Jones just looking for more appreciation from his team, or next destination? (Hockey News)
- Craig Morgan spits the hot truth for Coyotes fans that Arizona is probably going to have to tank for the next couple of years if they hope to build a Stanley Cup winner. At least there’s not a giant, demanding fan base they have to sell it to. (Arizona Coyotes Insider)
- I just realized I haven’t been in a movie theater for well over a year. Anyone have any good recommendations of what’s out there? Today could be a day I take one in. Hopefully, it won’t have much swearing in it :).