Good Tuesday to all. We’re a third of the way through August, historically the slowest month of all for hockey fans. But, hey, I still got some links for you, starting with what’s going on with Erik Johnson:
- First off, I don’t follow Avs players on social media. Maybe I should, but it’s just not my bag. But someone always sends me something about Avs players on social media. And, here’s one that I thought was worth posting:
- That’s something Erik Johnson posted on his Instagram feed yesterday, while working out at Family Sports Center. The caption was how he was essentially counting the days ’til training camp. Good to see.
- 2021 Avs first-round pick Oskar Olausson may play for the Barrie Colts in the OHL this season. The Colts drafted Olausson in the first round of the OHL draft, but he could play in Sweden this season still instead. The Colts, as this story says, are trying to “talk” him into playing in Barrie this season (Barrie 360)
- A sad story involving the son of the Minnesota Golden Gophers’ hockey coach (Star Tribune)
- A KHL team is trying to lure away Minnesota Wild and reigning Calder Trophy winner Kirill Kaprizov (Daily Faceoff)
- My take on that: it’s just posturing. He’ll sign with the Wild. Or, hey, go play in the KHL then, where nobody will ever see you play again.
- Pittsburgh Hockey Now: Before Penguins fans knew Mario, had Sidney, or even Lord Stanley, they had Mike Lange
- Philly: Carter Hart got a bridge deal–a healthy payday, but a bridge deal. Now the Flyers must hope he rebounds from a disastrous 2020-21.
- Washington: The Washington Capitals let Ilya Samsonov go via the expansion draft, then reacquired him. Now they’ve also given him a low-cost “show me” bridge deal to be their starting goalie
- NY Post: The New York Rangers decided Igor Shesterkin is their goalie of now and the future, and they dished a big-time contract to Igor.
- Detroit: The five BEST free agent signings in Detroit Red Wings history. Yeah, there have been a few–remember the Hall of Fame team? Bob Duff rattles off his top five.
- Vancouver: A real and honest look at the Seattle Kraken. Are they a true Canucks rival yet? Rob Simpson breaks down the roster like few have and gives a pretty good picture of what to expect from Seattle.
- Yesterday was the 33rd anniversary of the Wayne Gretzky trade from Edmonton to LA. I actually remember where I was when the deal was announced, it was that big. I was in Cape Cod, working a summer job as a timeshare salesman, but watching CNN as it happened in the living room of a rented house not too far from the beach (TSN)
- With training camp coverage ramping up starting next month, this is a good time to offer you CHN fencesitters 20% off for a full year of Avs coverage on the site. Use the promo code word 5off in the checkout box here and the price will drop from $29.99 to $24.99 (Colorado Hockey Now subscription checkout)
Don't Miss a Post!
Avs Team and Cap Info
avalanche news40 mins ago
Avalanche Prospects Start Strong In KHL Playoffs
Colorado Avalanche6 hours ago
Avalanche Game 61 Plus/Minus: Vet Line Produces, Annunen Shutout
Evan's Daily9 hours ago
Evan’s NHL Daily: MacKinnon Milestone, Trade Deadline Prep
Colorado Avalanche17 hours ago
Annunen Pitches First Career Shutout, Avalanche Dominate Blackhawks
avalanche news22 hours ago
REPORT: Avalanche Were ‘Finalist’ For Tanev; What Could They Have Offered?
avalanche news6 days ago
Avalanche Waive Depth Center; What Could It Mean?
Colorado Avalanche1 week ago
REPORT: Avalanche Could Look To The Desert For Help At Center
Colorado Avalanche4 days ago
Valeri Nichushkin Cleared To Return To Avalanche
Evan's Daily6 days ago
Evan’s NHL Daily: Altitude CEO Steps Down, Change Coming?
Colorado Avalanche4 days ago