Good Sunday to all. Cool, crisp fall day. Broncos football later, Patriots vs. The Goat later. Gonna be a fun sports day. Speaking of fun, there is this development with Cale Makar today:
You guys, breaking news:
— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) October 3, 2021
- No more red sweater for Cale. The Avs play in Minnesota tomorrow night, and top regulars usually don’t travel to such games, but we’ll see. I would assume he might be in the lineup for Tuesday’s home preseason tilt with Vegas.
- Devon Toews is still in the red sweater, but seems to be progressing nicely. He’s been skating regularly at camp.
- Thanks to those who have signed up with our $20.21 sale. It’s still on, so click on that subscribe button up above and throw in the promo code 2021 in the easy checkout box to get 12 months here for $20.21. There will be more content behind the paywall soon, so take advantage, fence-sitters.
- So, Vegas goalie Robin Lehner went OFF on Twitter last night, with a bunch of critical comments about the NHL in regard to pain pill prescriptions (or lack thereof), ambien and other stuff. The NHL would now like a word with him. This could get very contentious if it isn’t already (Vegas Hockey Now)
- A top Pittsburgh Penguin has tested positive for Covid (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Washington Capitals have already seen a top goalie go down (Washington Hockey Now)
- Top 10 overvalued NHL fantasy players for the season. Yes, they did put an Av on the list (Hockey News)
- Things aren’t going well in New York Rangers camp (NY Post)
- Dylan Larkin is comparing his comeback with the Red Wings to that of a fictional character (Detroit Hockey Now)
- Not only will the New York Islanders be moving into a new arena in November but their AHL arena in Bridgeport, CT is getting a facelift as well. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Washington Capitals did not get good news on their top center. (Washington Hockey Now)