Good Tuesday to all. Gonna be another cool, crisp autumn day. Might go for a drive later up to Lyons. A very pretty drive, through Boulder. There’s a great old country store on the way back, in the town of Hygiene, that I like to stop in at. Yes, that’s the name of the town. I’m gonna wash up before I get there. Try the veal, tip the waitstaff.
Some hockey links, and other flotsam and jetsam:
- Alexander Ovechkin passed Brett Hull for fourth all-time on the NHL goals list last night (Washington Hockey Now)
- I absolutely think Ovechkin will play as long as it takes to break Wayne Gretzky’s all-time record of 894 goals.
- The Florida Panthers’ point streak ended at 11 last night in New York (Florida Hockey Now)
- Jack Eichel will have his neck surgery Friday, right here in Denver, by Dr. Chad Prusmack (Las Vegas Review-Journal)
- A podcast I did the other day, for about 35 minutes, talking Avs and media life with 104.3 The Fan’s Mike Evans (104.3 The Fan)
- Valeri Nichushkin has until the 16th to respond to charges of doping in 2013 in Russia. He might not be able to play in the Olympics if found “guilty.” (Hockey News)
- So, it took the Russian authorities eight years to bring this out? OK then.
- I signed up for Paramount Plus yesterday, just a one-week free trial, and binged through a six-episode series of the original cast of “The Real World” reunion. Lots of drama with Becky and Kevin, with Eric sitting in a hotel room chiming in on zoom after catching Covid. Pretty boring overall, but I still watched. My overriding thought from the show: man, Father Time just does not lose. Everybody looked ooold.
- Don’t think I’ll be keeping Paramount Plus. Got too many other streaming services already. I knew the cable companies would win eventually though. People are paying more than ever for TV content.
- Still two more long days before next Avs game. Hasn’t it seemed like a year since they last played?
- Tough news for Nazem Kadri: He got a game suspension for that Jokic hit last night.
- Yes, a joke.