Good Friday to all. Another hot, hot, hot day here in Thornton. I can sit on the deck until about 10 a.m. usually, then the heat gets just too much. Oh, and our AC is on the fritz. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. About the only place that’s cool right now is jumping in the Nissan Leaf and blasting the AC. Of course, that makes the battery drain faster. I just can’t win, I tell ya. Let’s do some around-the-horn NHL links, starting with one on Avalanche prospect goalie Justus Annunen.
- Our friend Ryan Boulding got some quotes from Annunen recently. He’s likely ticketed to play another year in Loveland with the Eagles, but presumably would get a call-up if injuries strike Pavel Francouz or Alexandar Georgiev. Justus Annunen really wants to post some better numbers than last season, even though they were pretty decent. (NHL.com)
- I hope to learn who from the Avalanche will officially get their names on the Cup, players and staff. Might know that by today. A reminder: players such as Tyson Jost, despite playing a lot of games with the Avalanche during the regular season, can’t get their names on the Cup once they’re traded.
- Former Avalanche coach Bob Hartley thinks Sean Monahan is going to be a steal for the Canadiens this season (Montreal Hockey Now)
- Speaking of Sean Monahan, in a recent intro to Montreal Canadiens fans video produced by the team, Monahan revealed the culprit behind the popular (55,000 followers), parody Twitter account @boringmonahan and it was his former Calgary Flames teammate and retired NHLer Chris Butler. Great read here by our man in Cowtown, Steve Macfarlane.
- What will the Vegas Golden Knights forward lines look like this season?
- PTO candidates for the Golden Knights (Vegas Hockey Now)
- I think P.K. Subban will go to either Chicago, Dallas, Buffalo or Anaheim.
Have a pleasant Friday, and stay thirsy my friends.