Good Bronco Monday to all. I’m not the rabid sports fan TV watcher of my younger self, but I’ll be watching Broncos-Seahawks with the rest of you tonight. And, contrary to what some of you may believe, I really want the Broncos to win and, in general, be successful. Yes, I grew up in New England and was an absolute die-hard Pats fan starting with the Jim Plunkett days of the early ’70s and, yeah, I think Tom Brady is the perfect man, but that doesn’t mean I don’t root for the Donkeys too. My wife and son are Bronco fans, and are wearing orange today. My wife HATES Tom Brady, the poor girl….but enough football, let’s get to some NHL notes and links, with my an Avalanche nugget tossed in too, starting with one on Joe Sakic:
- Super Joe Sakic officially got the Jim Gregory Award as NHL executive of the year.
It's Official! Another award for @HockeyHallFame member Joe Sakic. Along with the #Stanleycup victories, he has a host of other trophies and now has added the Jim Gregory GM of the Year to his trophy display @Avalanche @NHL pic.twitter.com/hfvDVTOx2C
— Philip Pritchard (@keeperofthecup) September 10, 2022
- Well deserved and long overdue.
- Old friend Bob Hartley is going back to Russia to coach in the KHL (Twitter)
- Here’s more on new Avalanche forward Evan Rodrigues from a Pittsburgh perspective (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Sidney Crosby was “dissed” in the latest ESPN hockey fantasy rankings (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Good news for Flyers fans appears to be coming (Philly Hockey Now)
- There appear to still be a lot of roster issues with the Golden Knights (Vegas Hockey Now)
- Joe Thornton is back in San Jose, skating. Will the Sharks take him back? Our Sheng Peng in San Jose has all the deets (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Nick Suzuki is now the youngest captain in Montreal Canadiens history (Montreal Hockey Now)
- What’s the mood like in Boston with the Bruins? (Boston Hockey Now)