Dater’s Daily: Jets Strip C From Wheeler, Kadri Home Up For Sale, NHL News And Rumors
A good Saturday morning to all. Another picture-perfect day here in T-Town, truly not a cloud in the sky as I sip coffee from the deck. My view is somewhat spoiled, however, by the sight of browning leaves on the four new aspen trees I spent good money on for the backyard last year. These are the second set of trees that seem to maybe be going bad on me and, no, I’m not happy about it at all. I water the hell out of them, do seemingly all the things I’m supposed to do and yet I seem to have wilting, half-dead trees. Here’s a picture:
Any aspen tree experts out there? Help!
OK, some hockey notes and links:
- The Winnipeg Jets made a rather stunning announcement: Blake Wheeler, who had been the team’s captain the past six years, had the C stripped off his sweater. The Jets called it a “leadership restructure.” No new captain has been named yet. This rarely happens. Wheeler didn’t seem too thrilled either (Winnipeg Sun)
- Nazem Kadri’s Wash Park home is on the market for a cool $4 million (Denver Post)
- David Pastrnak wants to stay long-term with the Boston Bruins. There had been uncertainty about that (Boston Hockey Now)
- Two rabbits just chased each other in my backyard, scurrying under the deck. Great, now I have to worry about a snake. I had a GIANT bull snake in my yard a few years ago. Had to call animal control. Person said they sniff out rabbits like that. Snakes scare the bleep out of me.
- Dan Kingerski doesn’t understand why the Pittsburgh Penguins would choose to keep Kasperi Kapanen over new Avalanche center Evan Rodrigues (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Trade rumors still rumbling with the Flyers (Philly Hockey Now)
- Darcy Kuemper played some soccer in full goalie gear the other day (Washington Hockey Now)
- New Flames D-man MacKenzie Weegar says Calgary is a better team than the Florida Panthers Presidents’ Trophy club he played for last season (Calgary Hockey Now)
- I’m not so sure about that.
- Bruce Boudreau is optimistic about his Canucks this year (Vancouver Hockey Now)
No sign of any snake yet. Enjoy the day my good citizens.