Wow, fall has arrived here in Denver! I woke up this morning to just above freezing temperatures and so many leaves on the ground it makes me dread the upcoming chore. I will be raking the leaves today (sigh) and rocking out to the new Slipknot album. But it is work that needs to be done. I feel like there is nothing to do with the Avalanche on a two week road trip. I will be home with the little guy, while Dater takes in the games on the road. He will be at all three games on the east coast for us, providing some in person coverage. So, let’s get to the news of the day. The Isles are bad again and so much more here:
- NYI Hockey Now: The isles are out to a 2-4 start. But there is “no concern” with the Islanders. Uh-huh.
- Full Press AHL: Calgary Wranglers’ Clark Bishop was suspended four games for this cross check to Colorado Eagles’ Charles Hudon.
— Full Press AHL (@FPC_AHL) October 24, 2022
- Florida Hockey Now: The Panthers have started wining without two key players.
- Colorado Hockey Now: The Colorado Avalanche recalled two players from the Colorado Eagles in preparation for an east coast swing.
- San Jose Hockey Now: Tomas Hertl and Timo Meier may be emerging from their slumps.
- NHL: Jets hand the Blues their first loss of the season.
- TSN: The Senators win their fourth straight, beathing the Stars.
- Vegas Hockey Now: Golden Knights beat Toronto as Phil Kessel ties the Iron Man record.
- NHL: Patrik Laine to return to the Columbus Blue Jackets lineup tonight.
- Calgary Hockey Now: Rasmus Anderson is skating an elite path.