We have our first snow! And I didn’t finish getting those leaves raked (yelling at myself). Those parent-teacher conferences that I had yesterday went way better than I expected. I was worrying over nothing. Today is an off day for the Avalanche, with no skate scheduled in New Jersey. I did see that Devon Toews took a maintenance day, but it was nothing to worry about with coming back from injury. There wasn’t much going on in the league at all last night with only three games on the docket. Some big news came out of Boston for the fantasy hockey players, Brad Marchand is healthy early… about five weeks early. That and more below:
- Boston Hockey Now: Brad Marchand is due to play his first game tonight for Boston after having surgery on both hips over the summer.
- NHL: The Vancouver Canucks are off to a 0-5-2 start to the the season, yet management still has faith in the coaching staff.
- NYI Hockey Now: Former first round draft pick Kieffer Bellows was placed on waivers yesterday and could be sent to AHL Bridgeport if he clears.
- Calgary Hockey Now: One of the biggest trades (maybe the biggest) in Jonathan Huberdeau took six games to notch his first goal as a Calgary Flame.
- The red hot Ottawa Senators are struck a blow with news about Josh Norris’ injury
Josh Norris is out long term. DJ Smith says “3, 4, 5 months”.
Same shoulder but different injury than last season. The #Sens are currently discussing whether or not Norris will require surgery or if he’ll rehab it.
— Claire Hanna (@clahanna) October 26, 2022
- Sportsnet: The Chicago Blackhawks must think about what they have to do with Patrick Kane, trade or keep?
- Vegas Hockey Now: Phil chants could be heard in the locker room in San Jose.
- Pittsburgh Hockey Now: Jeff Carter of the Penguins admits that overconfidence has hampered the team.
- NHL: A cute moment from New York where forward Matt Martin scared his own daughter on along the glass.
- Detroit Hockey Now: Ex-Red Wings Defenseman Ian White is making a comeback in minor hockey.