Yesterday was a good day. I never thought I would say this, but it was nice to get back to work. Some bad news came at the press briefing unfortunately, but it was good to be back at the rink. Today will be the Avalanche’s first full team practice since getting back from their Finland trip. It will be at 11 a.m. at the Family Sports Center and we do not expect to hear from Jared Bednar today. Let’s get to the news of the day with the St. Louis Blues as they lose their eighth straight and more.
- Colorado Hockey Now: in case you missed it, Nichushkin and Byram are out longer-term and Girard is day-to-day.
St. Louis Blues
- NHL: The Philadelphia Flyers hand the St. Louis Blues their eighth straight loss last night. It’s getting ugly there.
National Hockey Now
- Boston Hockey Now: I suggest visiting BHN for the back stories and the running news regarding the Mitchell Miller situation. I’m not sure the proper word for what it has become, but it’s getting worse, not better. Tuesday, the Hockey Diversity Alliance leveled Miller’s agent Eustace King and the Boston Bruins.There are allegations that King might have misrepresented vital facts. His version certainly differs from that told by Bruins president Cam Neely. Miller still has a contract with the team and a NHLPA grievance is likely.
- Vegas Hockey Now: The Golden Knights are on a tear with their eighth straight win.
- Calgary Hockey Now: Are the Flames too comfortable? Is that is what has led to their losses?
- Montreal Hockey Now: Logan Mailloux has not been cleared to play in the NHL yet.
- Florida Hockey Now: Despite Tropical Storm Nichole, the Hurricanes-Panthers game is still on.
- NYI Hockey Now: The Islanders are starting to shake things up a bit.
Around The League
- Evander Kane had a moment that all hockey players fear, he took a skate blade to the wrist and had to immediately leave the ice. There is plenty of video, but I will let you look it up.
On the mend, thank you 🙏 pic.twitter.com/8ZN7K5KAfc
— Evander Kane (@evanderkane) November 9, 2022
- TSN: Are the Canucks finally starting to put things together?