Yesterday I had my cousin come into town that I had not seen in more than three years. We caught up and took the little ones to the Denver Children’s Museum for the day. It was nice to catch up with some family that I don’t see very often. Today I am back at it with the morning skate at Ball Arena. The game against the Carolina Hurricanes will be later tonight as Dater and I cover it for you. Some news from around the league in the meantime:
- Colorado Hockey Now: Shane Bowers was sent to go get an MRI on his upper body injury yesterday, a bad indication he will be out a while.
National Hockey Now
- Boston Hockey Now: Charlie McAvoy had fun in his return against the Calgary Flames.
- Vegas Hockey Now: Jack Eichel didn’t hold back when asked about the way Sabres fans treated him leading into and after his trade from the team that drafted him.
- Washington Hockey Now: Sonny Milano opens up about his journey through free agency and his weird summer.
- Montreal Hockey Now: Is Montreal’ Sean Monahan a potential option for the Colorado Avalanche?
- NYI Hockey Now: Here is what Mathew Barzal and the Islanders have to say about his lack of production so far.
- Philly Hockey Now: Flyers fans to welcome back Claude Giroux. It figures to be an emotional day for G.
- The New Jersey Devils have won eight in a row and lost Arizona today. And, Arizona has been winning of late too. This is actually a hot ticket!
Around The League
- NHL: The World Cup of Hockey, which was planned for 2024, has been pushed back to 2025.
- TSN: The Carolina Hurricanes placed goaltender Frederick Andersen on injured reserve for and undisclosed injury.
- The Hockey Writers: The Toronto Maple Leafs and the St. Louis Blues emerge as potential trade partners.