The Avalanche game last night was a tough one to watch. The injuries are starting to catch up to the team and it showed in their play last night. The Avalanche third line is playing as the second and the Colorado Eagles are essentially the bottom six. They will just have to brush it off and move on to the next one. Next up, Buffalo. Dater will be joining the road trip once they reach Boston and Philadelphia. You can always contribute to our travel tip jar here, where five cents of every dollar goes to the Thornton Food Bank. On to the news from around the league, the Kraken score a shocking nine goals in their overtime win and much more!
- Colorado Hockey Now: Val Nichushkin is back on the ice for the first time since surgery about three ago.
- You can follow our YouTube channel for free here. We will have uncut interviews, post game shows, and so much more. Make sure to subscribe to get the latest updates! You will be able to see interviews like this Josh Manson press scrum after the last Dallas game.
National Hockey Now
- Boston Hockey Now: Jack Edwards, the former ESPN talking head who has done the Bruins play-by-play for a long time now, got in a good dig at Tampa Bay forward Pat Maroon last night over his weight.
- Philly Hockey Now: The Flyers were able to finally able to snap a 10 game losing streak against the Islanders.
- Calgary Hockey Now: Matthew Tkachuk returns to Calgary for the first time since being traded. How did it go? Meh.
- Washington Hockey Now: Alex Ovechkin passes Wayne Gretzky for most goals on the road. Did we reall ever think any of The Great One’s goal records would ever be broken?
- Dallas Hockey Now: Roope Hintz signs an eight-year, $67.6 Million deal. Overpay if you ask me, but the Dallas media is doing cartwheels over it.
- San Jose Hockey Now: Year after year, the penalty kill is the Sharks saving grace. That’s about it for now.
Around The League
- NHL: The Kraken and Kings go to overtime, scoring a total of 17 goals together! What a weird game. Burky had two.
- TSN: The Coyotes had their Tempe, Arizona proposal approved by the City council last night. Coyotes city council meetings. If only we had a dollar for every one of them.
- The Hockey Writers: Mitch Marner is on the cusp of Maple Leafs’ history with his scoring streak.