Morning Skate Diary
Cal Burke To Make Avalanche Debut; Manson Out Another Month; Lines Are A Tossup
If you are not familiar with the Colorado Eagles already, there were a lot of new faces at the rink today. There are a lot of updates for the players so I will go over as many as I can. The Colorado Avalanche, playing the Bruins tonight, are coming back from a hard four-game road trip in which they lost Nathan MacKinnon, Josh Manson, and Artturi Lehkonen. The Avalanche will see another player make their NHL debut tonight with Cal Burke, who has spent the last two years with the Eagles.
- Both Nathan MacKinnon and Josh Manson will be out about a month with upper body injuries, Jared Bednar said.
- Bo Byram has not been skating but I have word that he has been around the gym. He is out with a lower-body injury and there is no timetable at this time.
- Kurtis MacDermid has not started skating but has been working out. He is out with a lower body-injury.
- Evan Rodrigues and Artturi Lehkonen both skated for the first time today. Both were wearing non contact sweaters.
- Val Nichushkin skated with the team for the first time since surgery and was wearing a full contact sweater. He will not play tonight.
- Darren Helm skated with the team today but was wearing a non-contact sweater.
- Gabriel Landeskog skated for the second time in a week yesterday. He is roughly six weeks from returning.
- The Avalanche recalled Andreas Englund, Sampo Ranta, and Cal Burke this morning.
- I am taking a wild guess here but my best lines are:
Georgiev starts against Boston.
Cal Burke is a hard working forward that can play all three forward positions. He has played on every line in Loveland. He is a give and go player, meaning he likes to pass the puck and skate hard to get the puck back in forint of the net. Burke can be utilized on the third and fourth lines to start.
Burke was told on the bus by coach Cronin yesterday. He grew up a Bruins fan and idolized Bergeron. “It’s cool and comforting,” to have so many familiar faces in the locker room. Burke thinks the best quality that he can bring to the team will be his speed and work ethic. You can view his whole interview below!