The Colorado Avalanche had a practice today, but it was an optional one. And the majority of players on the team took the option for the day off.
One player who did not was Cale Makar. He skated in a normal contact jersey, but with only a few guys on the ice, it’s tough to read much into that.
After practice, Jared Bednar declared that he could “possibly” play tomorrow evening against the Devils.
Makar did initiate some contact in this drill with Alex Newhook, but beyond that, there wasn’t much in terms of contact drills.
Makar is taking some contact. pic.twitter.com/nOjd5hEZpB
— Evan Rawal (@evanrawal) February 28, 2023
Outside of that, there wasn’t much new to report, so we can keep this pretty quick. We’ll find out more at morning skate tomorrow.
- The only skaters that were out on the ice were Newhook, Valeri Nichushkin, Denis Malgin, Matt Nieto, Makar, and Kurtis MacDermid. Justus Annunen was the one goalie on the ice.
- MacDermid will not be an option tomorrow.
- Bednar had this to say on the Devils: “You’re adding a top forward in the league (Timo Meier) that perennially scores 30+ goals. Big body guy, strong. They just got deeper, for sure.”
- Bednar said they’re approaching the goaltender situation day by day, but to expect to see someone other than Georgiev start at least one game this week.
- Bednar on Evan Rodrigues‘ game: “I liked his game last night. I thought he was involved. That line had a really good night. I think, last night, it was a highly competitive line. They played with great detail and good support of one another. They were highly successful.”