Happy Friday to all. So, the Avalanche will be publicly disclosing their Phase 3 training camp roster, with dates and times, some time this weekend, maybe even tonight still.
As CHN readers, you’ve already gotten a good advance notice on some of the “extra” players who will be added to the camp roster, and who will travel with the team to Edmonton as official roster players for the postseason.
Here’s a picture of one of them from today, Bo Byram, from the Avs’ Twitter feed:
A reminder: A limited number of media will be allowed into the Pepsi Center for Avalanche training camp. Fortunately, Colorado Hockey Now will be one of them. We’ll watch from a very elevated portion of the building, but all player and coach interviews will be done virtually (Zoom, phone, etc.). It will be an Avalanche training camp like no other, that’s for sure.
On to some links for this, the 10th of July in the Year of Our Lord, 2020:
- The Minnesota Wild have a new head scout, and apparently he has a pretty strong reputation (Hockey News)
- Which five teams will be hurt the most with a flat salary cap for next season? (Avs aren’t on the list, but a top competitor is) (Hockey News)
- Joe Pavelski, restaurateur (NHLPA.com)
- THANK YOU to the several people who have already contributed to the Avs Travel Tip Jar for my hoped-for trip to Edmonton for the playoffs (More on all that here)
- Lindy Ruff is back in the NHL, as the head coach of the Devils (NHL.com)
- The players-only meeting that turned the Panthers’ season around (Florida Hockey Now)
- Will Jack Eichel ask for a trade from Sabres? Some think he might (Boston Hockey Now)
- Frank Seravalli on Five NHL Questions to Ponder (TSN)