A regular series, featuring stories on YOU, the Colorado Hockey Now subscriber.
By Adrian Dater
You might say Trevor Bentley is a sports fan. His job is sports director for a radio network called Hometown Family Radio. He’s a die-hard fan not only of the Avalanche, but the Rockies and Broncos, too. Oh, and the Nebraska Cornhuskers too. Don’t @ him, he’s from Scottsbluff.
Being so far away from Denver hasn’t prevented the 27-year-old Bentley from making the roughly 200-mile drive to attend at least a dozen or so Avalanche games at the Pepsi Center over the years.
“I attended my first game in 2008, a game against Dallas in Adam Foote’s last season,” said Bentley, who has two young kids, Kolby and Treighton, with his wife, Michelle. “I’ve seen some exciting ones; Ryan O’Reilly’s walkoff OT goal with one second left against Carolina in 2012, an Avs shootout win over the New York Rangers where Tyson Barrie scored in the final minute. The best game was the Game 1 of the playoff series against Minnesota in 2013, tying in the final minute and winning in OT. There is no atmosphere like the Pepsi Center.”
You can bet your last ear of corn on a Nebraska farm that Bentley will be making the drive plenty more times in the coming years.
TAKE FIVE (QUESTIONS)
1. Have you ever snuck candy/snacks into a movie? Yes 🤫
2. When’s the last time you physically held a newspaper in your hands? Been a while
3. Coke or Pepsi? Depends on the day
4. If you were offered $10,000 on the spot, would you swallow three big live worms? Yes
5. Who’s the most underrated Avs player of all time? Wojtek Wolski especially in the shootout. Also loved Peter Muellers slapshot from the point on the PP in 2009-10.