Good Tuesday to you all. Just finished watching England-Germany soccer. Great match. I’m a soccer fan. But let’s do some hockey links and notes, starting with one on Philipp Grubauer:
- As I noted in an earlier story, on the Jonas Johansson signing, I’m told that there have been no talks as of yet between the Avs and Philipp Grubauer toward a new deal. He can become an unrestricted free agent July 28. I wouldn’t freak out about this too much, Avs fan, as there are still other things on Joe Sakic’s plate, such as the draft, the expansion draft and potential new deals for Gabe Landeskog and Cale Makar to deal with. But, hey, I guess I’m a little surprised there haven’t been any talks yet.
- Gary Bettman and Bill Daly held their annual joint press conference before the Stanley Cup finals. The NHL players’ participation in the Olympics hangs in the balance, and the NHL announced its signature events for next season, including the Winter Classic and Stadium Series games.
- Should any Vegas Golden Knights be untouchable, especially for Jack Eichel?
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins signed an eight-year, $41 million extension with Edmonton today. He is from the same draft class as Gabe Landeskog. With an AAV just over $5 million, did that just hurt Landy’s market value some? We’ll see, but I think Landy has had a better career than RNH so far. RNH had a cap hit of $6 million on his last deal, so he took less to stay. Landeskog’s last cap hit was $5.57 million. (ESPN)
- Boston: Joe Haggerty dipped into the mailbag to address fans getting uneasy with GM Don Sweeney, which Paul brother should get beat up, and the coming Bruins activity on the NHL trade front.
- Three-point nights from Nikita Kucherov and Brayden Point proved too much for the Habs in Game 1. James O’Brien breaks down the 5-1 victory and how Tampa’s quick start and mistakes from Montreal helped the Bolts take a 1-0 series lead. (ProHockeyTalk)
- Seven possible trade acquisitions for the Detroit Red Wings, who have lots of money under the cap (Detroit Hockey Now)
- The goal is a Stanley Cup, and Vegas Golden Knights head coach Pete DeBoer flatly said the Golden Knights are “not there yet.”
- The Flyers seem to be the front-runners to land Seth Jones (Philly Hockey Now)
- Which Logan Couture Will the Sharks Get Next Year? – (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Zdeno Chara got an award from the Slovakian government (Washington Hockey Now)
- It’ll cost college tuition-type money to be at Bell Centre for Games 3 and 4. Caitlyn Holroyd takes a look at the cost of tickets to see the Habs in their first Cup Final since 1993, with prices ranging from $5,600 to $32,000. (The Score)
- Wait, what?????
Don't Miss a Post!
Betting with the Barbers
Avs Team and Cap Info
Avs Film Room20 hours ago
Avs Film Room: How Defensive Breakdowns Are Happening
Links21 hours ago
Dater’s Daily: Panic in Montreal, Patrick Roy to rescue?, Covid cases ticking up
CHN+1 day ago
‘Hey, we’ve got 78 games left’ – Gabe Landeskog accentuates positive after latest Avs loss
Morning Skate Diary2 days ago
Jonas Johansson starts in goal for Avs tonight; Landeskog back
Video Game Corner2 days ago
A Guide to the Best Sports-Themed Casino Games
CHN+3 days ago
Dater Column: Already, this Avalanche season is feeling discombobulated
Colorado Avalanche1 week ago
Landeskog to have hearing, suspension likely *Updated
CHN+6 days ago
Elliotte Friedman: Avs called Sabres about Jack Eichel
Grades1 week ago
Avalanche player grades from win over Chicago; Kuemper stellar
Colorado Avalanche1 week ago