Good Tuesday to you all. Just finished watching England-Germany soccer. Great match. I’m a soccer fan. But let’s do some hockey links and notes, starting with one on Philipp Grubauer:
- As I noted in an earlier story, on the Jonas Johansson signing, I’m told that there have been no talks as of yet between the Avs and Philipp Grubauer toward a new deal. He can become an unrestricted free agent July 28. I wouldn’t freak out about this too much, Avs fan, as there are still other things on Joe Sakic’s plate, such as the draft, the expansion draft and potential new deals for Gabe Landeskog and Cale Makar to deal with. But, hey, I guess I’m a little surprised there haven’t been any talks yet.
- Gary Bettman and Bill Daly held their annual joint press conference before the Stanley Cup finals. The NHL players’ participation in the Olympics hangs in the balance, and the NHL announced its signature events for next season, including the Winter Classic and Stadium Series games.
- Should any Vegas Golden Knights be untouchable, especially for Jack Eichel?
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins signed an eight-year, $41 million extension with Edmonton today. He is from the same draft class as Gabe Landeskog. With an AAV just over $5 million, did that just hurt Landy’s market value some? We’ll see, but I think Landy has had a better career than RNH so far. RNH had a cap hit of $6 million on his last deal, so he took less to stay. Landeskog’s last cap hit was $5.57 million. (ESPN)
- Boston: Joe Haggerty dipped into the mailbag to address fans getting uneasy with GM Don Sweeney, which Paul brother should get beat up, and the coming Bruins activity on the NHL trade front.
- Three-point nights from Nikita Kucherov and Brayden Point proved too much for the Habs in Game 1. James O’Brien breaks down the 5-1 victory and how Tampa’s quick start and mistakes from Montreal helped the Bolts take a 1-0 series lead. (ProHockeyTalk)
- Seven possible trade acquisitions for the Detroit Red Wings, who have lots of money under the cap (Detroit Hockey Now)
- The goal is a Stanley Cup, and Vegas Golden Knights head coach Pete DeBoer flatly said the Golden Knights are “not there yet.”
- The Flyers seem to be the front-runners to land Seth Jones (Philly Hockey Now)
- Which Logan Couture Will the Sharks Get Next Year? – (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Zdeno Chara got an award from the Slovakian government (Washington Hockey Now)
- It’ll cost college tuition-type money to be at Bell Centre for Games 3 and 4. Caitlyn Holroyd takes a look at the cost of tickets to see the Habs in their first Cup Final since 1993, with prices ranging from $5,600 to $32,000. (The Score)
- Wait, what?????
Don't Miss a Post!
Avs Team and Cap Info
Colorado Avalanche24 mins ago
Avalanche Game 58 Plus/Minus: Impressive Annunen, Makar Concern
Evan's Daily3 hours ago
Evan’s NHL Daily: Former GM Raves About Ritchie, MacKinnon Snubbed
Colorado Avalanche14 hours ago
Annunen Shines, Road Issues Continue For Avalanche In 2-1 Loss
Colorado Avalanche19 hours ago
Avalanche vs. Red Wings, Game 58: Lines, Starting Goalies & How To Watch
Evan's Daily1 day ago
Evan’s NHL Daily: More Vegas Cap Shenanigans Coming? Sabres Following Avalanche
Colorado Avalanche6 days ago
VIDEO: Gabriel Landeskog Moving Better Than You’d Expect
Evan's Daily1 week ago
Evan’s NHL Daily: Parise’s Plans, Avalanche Goalie Trade Chatter
Colorado Avalanche5 days ago
Avalanche Room: Byram A Different Player After Video Session With Coach
Colorado Avalanche7 days ago
Could Columbus Try To Lure Back Chris MacFarland?
Colorado Avalanche1 week ago