Connect with us

Avalanche offseason

Avs Fan Confidence Index: The addition of Darcy Kuemper instills some confidence



Darcy Kuemper

It’s been an eventful offseason for the Colorado Avalanche—for better and for worse. The moves—or lack thereof—have been polarizing for much of the Avs fanbase, with many playing armchair GM and airing their grievances across social media. 

So I took to Avs Twitter to get a general pulse on things, posing the question: How confident are you in this season’s Avalanche, based on off-season moves? 

If you log on to Avs Twitter, at times, the general off-season consensus is that this team got much worse. The confidence index ranged from slight optimism to sky-is-falling pessimism. 

The results of the confidence index poll were about what one might expect. In total, about 59% of those polled voted that the Avs will likely see a dip from last season’s performance, while the other 41% said they’re at least on par, if not better, than last season’s Avalanche squad. Here’s what some had to say about all of that, in what is the second installment of the Avs Fan Confidence Index…

This content is for CHN+ subscribers only. You can join us for only $3.49 per month or $29.99 for an entire year!

Join us! –OR– Log in

A graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder, Scott has so far spent the early parts of his young career covering Colorado hockey — from the Avalanche to the Colorado Eagles to the DU Pioneers. His work can be found across sites such as, and SB Nation, among others. Scott currently resides in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Denver, where he works as a Marketing Executive when he's not writing.

Colorado's premier coverage of the Avalanche from professional hockey people. Adrian Dater, Editor-in-Chief. Part of the National Hockey Now family.

This site is in no way associated with the Colorado Avalanche or the NHL. Copyright © 2019 National Hockey Now and Adrian Dater.

Colorado Hockey Now in your Inbox

Sign up and get all of our posts sent directly to your inbox!

Thank you!