Good Monday to all. Some hockey links here, starting with a very startling piece of news out of Columbus regarding Blue Jackets assistant coach Sylvain Lefebvre, who played with the 1996 Stanley Cup champion Avalanche:
- Lefebvre is refusing to take the Covid-19 vaccine. As a result, he has been replaced by by Cleveland Monsters associate coach Steve McCarthy. (MSN)
- I try to stay out of politics on this site and on Twitter. So I am not making any editorial comments on Lefebvre’s decision. Other than to say I’m very surprised. This would have been Sly’s first year on the Blue Jackets bench, on the staff of former Av Brad Larsen. Lefebvre was also an Avs coach assistant under Joe Sacco.
- Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen had some strong quotes about Lefebvre’s decision to The Athletic’s Aaron Portzline: “We had to part ways with him because he couldn’t do his job. We need a coach. If you’re not vaccinated, you’re not allowed within 12 feet of the players. You can’t do your job as coach.”
- Tomas Hertl to the Bruins? Our man in Beantown, Joe Haggerty, thinks it could happen (Boston Hockey Now)
- Former Capitals forward and longtime NHLer and scout Garnet “Ace” Bailey was one of the passengers on United 175 when it crashed into the South Tower on Sept. 11, 2001. Sean Leahy sat down with former teammate John Davidson to remember Ace and his memorable character on and off the ice. (Pro Hockey Talk)
- Our guy in Vegas, Steve Carp, on why the Golden Knights should roll the dice to get Jack Eichel (Vegas Hockey Now)
- Could Kyle Dubas be in trouble in Toronto? The general manager admitted to NHL.com his job could be on the line if the Maple Leafs do not have a successful run in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- One of the big gets on the NHL trade market was former All-Star winger Vladimir Tarasenko. The relationship between the Russian and the St. Louis Blues appeared to be broken, but now it appears Vladimir Tarasenko doesn’t need a real estate agent after all as coach Craig Berube told NHL.com the star forward will remain with the Blues.
- Golden Knights GM Kelly McCrimmon is confident the team will sign RFA Nolan Patrick. But who will the center acquired in a trade from the Philadelphia Flyers wind up playing with?
Don't Miss a Post!
Avs Team and Cap Info
Avs Prospects9 hours ago
Takeaways from Avs rookie game with Ducks: Shane Bowers shines
Avs Prospects2 days ago
Guest post: Jesse Montano on Avs, from Arizona
Avs Training Camp3 days ago
Takeaways from Avs’ 4-0 rookie tourney loss to Kings
Links4 days ago
Dater’s Daily: Avs on national TV 13 times, Crosby and Ovechkin laugh together
Avalanche offseason4 days ago
Avalanche on ESPN and TNT 2021-22 schedule
Colorado Avalanche5 days ago
How do we feel about the new Avalanche road uniforms?
Avs Training Camp6 days ago
Shane Bowers won’t be pushed around anymore | CHN+
Avs Prospects1 week ago
Is asking Alex Newhook to be a top-six forward too much, too soon?
Colorado Eagles7 days ago
Ex-Av, Colorado Eagles coach Brett Clark leaves team over Covid protocols
Avalanche offseason1 week ago