A good Sunday to you all. A pleasant, sunny day in Denver for the most part, though there’s a touch of rain too. The storms move quick out here. Let’s do some NHL notes, thoughts and observations, starting with a thought or two on Nazem Kadri:
- It’s unbelievable he’s still unsigned and out there, right? I remain a pessimist he will return to the Colorado Avalanche. I’d say it’s 20-80 against. But, hey, a 1-in-5 chance isn’t astronomical. I continue to believe that Sam Girard will NOT be traded to make salary cap room for Kadri. I also continue to believe that the Avalanche are only offering a short-term deal to him.
- I do believe the New York Islanders are the top contending team to lure him away, with Lou Lamoriello’s past history with Kadri playing a factor. Lou was the Maple Leafs GM when Kadri signed his last contract, with Toronto.
- I also think, based on my conversations with people, that Calgary, Ottawa and Dallas have interest in Kadri still. I’ve heard Winnipeg too, but I would put them as a real darkhorse.
- I also think Kadri would rather play in Denver than anywhere else right now. Can the Avalanche figure out a way to make this work? Kadri is going to have to accept a short-term deal if he does.
- Speaking of Calgary, GM Brad Treliving said the recent shots at the city/organization as a less-than-desirable place to play “pisses me off” (Sportsnet)
- Personally, I think Calgary is an awesome city.
- I also think Treliving pulled off a really good deal in the Matthew Tkachuk trade. I thought he did a great job (and yet, I know Huberdeau and MacKenzie Weegar are both UFA after next season and need extensions to make this deal much better for Treliving long-term).
- I want to thank CHN subscriber Ted Grycel for helping me in the last couple of months. I think I’ve been open with this: I am prone to bouts of depression, PTSD and OCD anxiety. Ted helped talk me through my latest bout.
- I would describe my brain as: a kid stressed about death starting at about age 7, and never stopped worrying about everything else since – and that led to a lot of self-medicating, which brings up a whole new set of problems.
- Today, I feel good and strong. That’s my default setting. But sometimes I fall into the pit and need some help. I so appreciate all of you for knowing more of the real me, and not the stereotype that some others out there see and believe.
- Matthew Tkachuk admitted that Florida “pushed like hell” for his trade. Florida Panthers are celebrating.
- Police have officially opened an investigation into the 2003 World Juniors sexual assault involving one-third of Team Canada. This is now on top of the 2019 team investigation. Yes, Cale Makar was on that team. His agent said Makar was not involved in any way, shape or form.
- Red Wings prospect Ryan O’Reilly is seeking to emulate his NHL namesake. (Detroit Hockey Now)
- If the Florida Panthers don’t improve from the Matthew Tkachuk deal it will benefit the Montreal Canadiens, who own Florida’s 2023 first-round draft pick.
- Washington: Injuries are threatening his future, but Nicklas Backstrom of the Washington Capitals is certain of his off-ice future. He got married to fiancee Liza Berg in Sweden on Saturday.
- Washington: The latest mailbag looks at whether the Washington Capitals are done?
- Don’t get too worried about me from those previous couple of items. I just need to be a normal person, and not the wicks-burning-at-both-ends, semi-maniac I was before.
Don't Miss a Post!
Avs Team and Cap Info
Colorado Avalanche5 hours ago
Avalanche Camp Battles: Who Will Be 4C?
Evan's Daily6 hours ago
Evan’s NHL Daily: Tragedy In Calgary, Avalanche Stock Report
Colorado Avalanche1 day ago
Avalanche Camp Report: Stock Up/Stock Down
Evan's Daily1 day ago
Evan’s NHL Daily: Waiver Wire Fun, Wild Extend Aging Forwards, Makar Returns
Colorado Avalanche2 days ago
Avalanche Notebook: Ivan Ivan Hype, Pavel’s Work Ethic Praised
Colorado Avalanche1 week ago
VIDEO: Valeri Nichushkin Speaks For First Time Since Seattle Incident
Evan's Daily1 week ago
Evan’s NHL Daily: Nichushkin Speaks, Zadorov Speaks Out
Colorado Avalanche5 days ago
Avalanche Make First Round Of Cuts
Colorado Avalanche5 days ago
Avalanche Camp Update: Tatar Missing, Clurman Making Moves, Bednar On Kovalenko
Colorado Avalanche6 days ago