Dater’s Daily: Flames Mini-Meltdown, Eric Staal Plays 1,300th Game
It’s finally gameday. There was a late Colorado Avalanche headline last night, Shane Bowers is getting recalled. This will be his first callup to the NHL in his career. Today will be a long day (but I love it), I am up early to take the little guy to school and then it is off to the morning skate at the arena. There will be a little downtime and the trek back up north to the arena for the game later tonight. I like to get there a little early. Just so I can make sure to do a little research on the other team. But on to the news: Eric Staal played his 1300th career game last night and more and some on the Calgary Flames, who aren’t so hot right now.
- Colorado Hockey Now: Shane Bowers gets his first career callup to the NHL.
- Colorado Hockey Now: Could the Avalanche make a run for Ryan O’Reilly? Dater thinks they could.
- Florida Hockey Now: Eric Staal plays in his 1300th career game. His brothers Marc (playing for Florida) and Jordan (playing for Hurricanes against Florida) were both in attendance for the special moment.
National Hockey Now
- Montreal Hockey Now: Rookie Juraj Slafkovsky gets a two game suspension for boarding.
- Calgary Hockey Now: The Flames are on a streak…. in the wrong direction.
- Washington Hockey Now: How forward Aaron Volpatti overcame adversity from literally being set on fire.
- Dallas Hockey Now: Goaltender Jake Oettinger is ready for action after his injury?
Around The League
- Seattle Times: Former Avalanche beat reporter Kate Shefte tells us how rookie Shane Wright has been given a home away from home by Ryan Danato.
- TSN: The New Jersey Devils have named Martin Brodeur executive VP of hockey operations.
- Sportsnet: Three-time All-Star P.K. Subban joins the ESPN staff