A good Friday to all. Sunny and somewhat cold here in T-Town, temps probably in the high 30s. I was sick as a dog yesterday and missed the game. Still not feeling great, but better. I guess I picked a good game to miss, as the boys didn’t play too well last night, from what I read. The Avalanche get the 12-12-4 Nashville Predators tomorrow.
Let’s do some hockey notes, quotes and links from around the league to start the day:
- Elliotte Friedman says the Avalanche are “looking for a center” (32 Thoughts)
- Personally, I think Bo Horvat would cost too much in return. I’m still of the belief that a guy like Jonathan Toews is a more realistic trade candidate.
- The Penguins have won seven in a row, but might lose Evgeni Malkin for a while (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- What are the Canucks looking for in a Bo Horvat deal? (TSN)
- Confusion and questions about the next salary cap number (Sportsnet)
- Phil Kessel, along with his sister, scored at about the exact same time last night (Vegas Hockey Now)
- Because it’s Christmas, I’ll knock the price of a new subscription to Colorado Hockey Now by 33%. Use promo code word prince in the checkout box to get a full year for $19.99 instead of $29.99. Offer good through Saturday (easy checkout box)
- I’ve got some goodies coming for existing subscribers too. I don’t take you for granted, don’t worry.
- The Kings got a huge win over the Bruins (LA Hockey Now)
- Kings also gave a 5-year extension to Trevor Moore (LA Hockey Now)
- A look at the five worst NHL teams so far (Hockey News)
- Good story here on Bruins goalie Linus Ullmark, and how his dad’s alcoholism distracted from his career (NHL.com)
- I did an interview the other day with a film crew for an ESPN documentary. I am not at liberty to say what the subject matter is just yet, but older Avalanche fans will love it.
- A Red Wing got crushed by a Ryan Reaves hit the other night, but old friend Darren McCarty had no issue with it (Detroit Hockey Now)