Keep washing those hands and staying indoors, folks. The sooner we all do this, the sooner we all get back to real life. Otherwise, we continue on with the surreal life. I can’t believe I haven’t seen ONE roll of TP at a store in the last two weeks almost.
Some hockey stuff:
- Avalanche prospect Alex Newhook, who was recently named the rookie of the year in Hockey East for Boston College, said he will return to the school for his sophomore year. That has been/was the plan all along, and the Avs knew long ago about that and are fine with it. I wrote this a few weeks ago, in fact. Newhook, if things progress the way they have, will sign a pro contract with the Avs some time next year, after his BC season is done.
- A second player with the Ottawa Senators has come down with the virus (NHL.com)
- I’ve been told, via a reputable source, that a player from another team has tested positive. I have reached out to that team for confirmation, but have not received a reply yet. This team is not the Avalanche.
- Happy 32nd birthday, Erik Johnson.
- Players in the ECHL are out of luck when it comes to getting their normal paychecks for the rest of what would have been their regular season. (Hockey News)
- Hey, it’s my site, so I can do an advertising plug if I want. The deal Total Beverage is offering, via Colorado Hockey Now, is truly a great one: $10 off any order of $25 or more using the promo code AD10 in the checkout box, with FREE two-hour delivery to your door in most Denver metro locations. Folks, take advantage of this deal. You’ll be helping the site, plus putting savings into your pocket while also practicing safe social distancing. Win, win, win. Order here: (Total Beverage)
- World Championships are canceled by the coronavirus (Sportsnet)