Hope everybody’s hangin’ in there. It only seems like, what, 78 years, since we last had an Avalanche game to talk about? We just have to get through this thing, keep passing the time. Maybe some of out there will be able to pass some of your time today by talking to Cale Makar on Twitter.
Have a question for Cale Makar?
— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) April 14, 2020
There are your instructions. Good luck with your attempts to get some time with Makar on Twitter.
- Commissioner Bettman talks about the various possibilities of play resuming (NHL.com)
- Here is what the league tells players in regards to self-quarantine guidelines, which were extended to April 30 today (NHL.com)
- NHL rosters continue to get younger. That’s one thing I’d ask Cale Makar about on Twitter – do you think you’ll feel “old” in just a couple of years? (TSN)
- If you ask me what I think the chances are of a playoff happening still this spring/summer? Honestly, I’d put it at about 40-60 right now. Tomorrow, I might say 50-50 or 60-40. I doubt fans will be in the stands either way, however. I talk more about that, with John Shannon, in my latest podcast.
- The latest Vegas odds on a Colorado-Dallas first-round series, which is what would happen if the regular season were frozen in place from the last game played? The Avs would be favored, at -160.
- A Netflix recommendation for you: “The Voyeur”, about a guy from Aurora who ran a motel – the Manor House – and spied on his guests for many years. It’s more than an intriguing story, but it’s good from a journalist’s perspective, because it has a lot about how the author of the man’s story – Gay Talese – got the story.
- My colleague, Ashley Glover, will have a big NHL draft preview posting at some point soon. He’s done breakdowns on the top 100 prospects. One. Hundred.