Happy Monday. I write to you somewhat bleary-eyed this morning, having had one of those nights where I woke up at about 4 a.m. and couldn’t get back to sleep. But, I’ve got enough energy to post a few links and other assorted bits of Avs news, such as:
- It’s been a heck of a start in the QMJHL for 2019 Avs third-round pick Alex Beaucage so far. Yes, the “Q” has started its season already and Beaucage is en fuego. He has 13 goals and 19 points in his first 10 games for the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies. That’s not a typo. This kid clearly has nothing more to prove in the Q, as he posted 40 goals last season and 39 the year before that. He probably would be playing for the Colorado Eagles right now, if the Eagles were playing right now, that is.
- Beaucage is a 6-1, 196-pound right winger who was drafted 78th overall in 2019. Here are some highlights from a game over the weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQxeHHhUxtc
- It has also been a nice start for the Avs’ first-round pick from this year, Justin Barron of the Halifax Moosheads. Barron, drafted 25th overall, had a goal and seven points in his first eight games for the Mooseheads. He is fully recovered from that blood-clot issue that sidelined him some last season.
- Vladislav Kamenev has played only seven games for his KHL team in Russia. His team, Saint Petersburg, has played nearly 20 overall. Is he hurt again? Even in 2020, it’s still hard to get solid information from Russian teams, so I don’t know. But he’s not playing for some reason right now.
- Lou Lamoriello gave Doc Emerick a black Lincoln when Doc “retired” from calling New Jersey Devils games. Doc sends Lou pictures when the car hits odometer milestones. The great announcer told that story and more (NYI Hockey Now)
- Ok, sit down for this one. Our Sheng Peng in San Jose celebrated a birthday over the weekend. He likes Karaoke. And, he was brave enough to film it, AND post it. Happy Birthday, Sheng! The video will be used against you at our convenience (San Jose Hockey Now)
- How much is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins worth? Adam Gretz on NBC sports opines what RNH’s next contract will be (NBC sports)
- The Boston Bruins are the team most in need of a big move (Boston Hockey Now)
- Joonas Donskoi got married last week (Instagram)