Last night was an exciting night for the family and Me. My son got to go to his first NHL game. I went to the Columbus Blue Jackets game last night and it was a little different than the Colorado Avalanche games that I am used to. Nationwide Arena is a great venue that looked like there was not a bad seat in the house. The cannon turned out not to be as loud as we thought it was going to be. My son actually loved it. I will be back on the beat for you all on Friday and Dater is already back on it for you. He has returned from his east coast trip and will be back at practices and games starting today. In the meantime, the game that I went to last night started slow but Columbus Pulls Out Thriller in overtime and more:
It happened again ‼️
The Vancouver Canucks are the first team in NHL history to blow a multi-goal lead in their first 4 games, as Vladislav Gavrikov scores the game winner in OT for the Blue Jackets🤯 #NHL #Canucks #CBJ pic.twitter.com/DoP7C66peO
— For Future Considerations (@PodcastFFC) October 19, 2022
- Colorado Hockey Now: Martin Kaut has been recalled by the Colorado Avalanche
- Vegas Hockey Now: Penalties slay the Golden Knights as they lose to the Calgary Flames last night.
- Boston Hockey Now: Claude Giroux scores his first Senators goal as the Sens beat the Bruins.
- TSN: With Jake Muzzin getting hurt the there is a growing list of Canadian teams that need a defenseman.
- Washington Hockey Now: Evgeny Kuznetsov was suspended one game for a high sticking incident against the Vancouver Canucks.
- Philly Hockey Now: The Flyers are off to a 3-0 start under their new coach John Tortorella.
- Sportsnet: Scouts’ analysis. How leagues around the world stack up with producing NHL talent.
- Our old friend Darcy Kuemper may have just given us the biggest hint into the Washington Capitals reverse retros so far…
Darcy Kuemper rocking the Caps’ new reverse retro gear in practice today. The jerseys will have a different look than years past, appears they will in fact be black and gold. pic.twitter.com/CjEWVeOvio
— Matt Weyrich (@ByMattWeyrich) October 18, 2022
- Florida Hockey Now: Defenseman Aaron Ekblad was placed on long term injured reserve for the second time in as many seasons.