NEWARK, N.J. – Greetings from Newark, where the Avalanche play the New Jersey Devils tonight. Unfortunately for the Devils, Martin Brodeur, the guy in the statue above, has retired. Pavel Francouz hasn’t, though, and he’s in the net for the Avalanche, who will try for a third straight road victory.
Pavel Francouz was first off the ice at the morning skate and will get the start. Alexandar Georgiev, presumably, will start tomorrow night against the New York Islanders.
Unfortunately, Valeri Nichushkin will not be a player tonight. He’ll miss the game with a lower-body injury, but it’s not considered serious. Vitek Vanacek will start in goal for the Devils.
The Avalanche didn’t really do three-man line rushes, so who will play with whom is speculation at this point. Kurtis MacDermid and Mikhail Maltsev stayed late after the skate was over and are presumed healthy scratches, but that’s not official at this point.
NOTEBOOK: The engravings are done. The Avalanche, coaches and some staff have their names officially engraved on the Stanley Cup:
— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) October 28, 2022
- Thank you to James Yakel and Chris Nearing for contributing to the Avs Travel Tip Jar for this expensive trip. It’s always appreciated. 95 cents of every dollar goes to Avs travel costs and 5 cents goes to the Thornton Food Bank.
- Avalanche are -130 favorites to win tonight at SuperBook Colorado.
- I’ll be starting my podcast back up in a few days, thanks to the help of new sponsor Bender’s – THE hockey bar in Denver. It’s actually in Westminster.
- It’s Hispanic Heritage Night here at the Prudential Center.
- This game isn’t to be taken lightly. The Devils are 4-3-0 and can score goals.
- See you tonight.