Dater’s NHL Daily: Canucks Sell-Off Coming?; Flyers Too?
A good Wednesday morning to all. I’m actually typing this from the office where my wife works, as she needed a ride to work this morning, all the way out in Lakewood. I’m sitting in a cubicle. That hasn’t happened in quite a while. Avalanche morning skate is at 9:30, with the 6 p.m. start tonight against the Canadiens, so I’m parking myself here for a bit and cranking out another Dater’s NHL Daily.
There is a trade freeze right now in the NHL, until Dec. 26, so any rumors of potential deals can’t happen until then at the earliest. But that doesn’t mean there still aren’t a ton of rumors out there, and many involve the Vancouver Canucks. So, let’s start off there with our look around the league:
- Darren Dreger says Canucks players know they may be on the move soon (TSN)
- James Van Riemsdyk is available in Philadelphia. And now, after a recent spat with coach John Tortorella, some are wondering if Kevin Hayes is now on the block too? (Philly Hockey Now)
- The St. Louis Blues lost a key forward, and nobody knows for how long, as it may be a concussion (NHL.com)
- Milan Lucic continues to shine since being benched for one game (Calgary Hockey Now)
- The misery continues in San Jose. So far, the David Quinn-Mike Grier reign in Silicon Valley has NOT gone well (San Jose Hockey Now)
- What’s going on with tonight’s opponent, Montreal? The voluminous content at our sister site there has it all covered (Montreal Hockey Now)
- The Bruins continue to do nothing but win, but Joe Haggerty sees some cracks in the Boston armor (Boston Hockey Now)
- There’s been some chirping going on in the Penguins dressing room (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Because it’s Christmas: get 33% off a new yearly subscription to Colorado Hockey Now. Just use promo code word prince in easy checkout box and price will drop from $29.99 to $19.99. (Easy checkout box)
- Vegas coach Bruce Cassidy has some gripes about the play of Phil Kessel lately (Vegas Hockey Now)
- Inside the Red Wings’ six-game losing streak (Detroit Hockey Now)
- OK, off to the skate. Thanks for reading, my good readers.