Good Sunday to all of you. Warm weather arrives tomorrow, for the rest of the week. The official start of spring is 22 days away. Some Avs and NHL notes and links:
- The six defensemen who played for the Avs in Arizona last night all were left-handed shots. Not sure I remember the last time that happened, if ever. Righty shots Cale Makar and Erik Johnson are out.
- How did Dan Renouf do, in his first game since 2016-17? Not bad. He was one of only two Avs players who had negative Corsi events for-against, but it was only slight (8-10).
- Avs are off today, so we’re not likely to get any update on Makar. I would guess he’s gone back to Denver for more evaluation from the team doctors – an assortment of folk from UC Health.
- Imagine how many goals Auston Matthews would’ve had by now if he was healthy? (TSN)
- Marc-Andre Fleury netted his 100th NHL win as a Golden Knight. (Vegas Hockey Now)
- It was a wild game between the Blues and Sharks last night (NHL.com)
- Former Florida Panthers captain gets his own team in Finland. (Florida Hockey Now)
- Another media outlet recently wrote how the NHL’s TV ratings for the games at Lake Tahoe “melted under the sun” along with the game. Uh, not so (Boston Globe)
- The Artemi Panarin situation with the Rangers is “frightening in every way”, Larry Brooks writes (NY Post)
- As Brooks points out in his column, players on the taxi squad are paid AHL salaries.
- Fans have been back in the stands in New York City for a week, and so far things seem to be going well (WABC)
- Things aren’t going so well in San Jose, where the Avs will play the next two games (San Jose Hockey Now)
Don't Miss a Post!
Betting with the Barbers
Avs Team and Cap Info
Colorado Avalanche2 hours ago
Avs recall Jacob MacDonald from Eagles
Links10 hours ago
Dater’s Daily: Covid Disrupting NHL Again, Francouz expected to start Friday in Loveland
CHN+21 hours ago
Avalanche Player Grades vs. Canadiens
Colorado Avalanche1 day ago
Darcy Kuemper Upper-Body Injury Happened at Morning Skate in Toronto
CHN+1 day ago
Not Again; Bo Byram Sidelined again with “head-related” injury
Colorado Avalanche5 days ago
Should the Avs put in a claim for Evander Kane?
Colorado Avalanche4 days ago
Ryan Murray out indefinitely for Colorado Avalanche
Links1 week ago
Dater’s Daily: NHL trade talk heating up again, Olympics in trouble
CHN+5 days ago
Frei column: Mikko Rantanen at the center of attention
CHN+6 days ago