I sit here sipping some coffee this morning and it looks to be great day out. The weather won’t be too bad today. The Avalanche will be back at Family Sports Center for practice after a really tough loss to the Calgary Flames on Thursday. The Minnesota Wild will be next on deck for the Avalanche on Monday. I look here at some of the news around the league and here is what caught my eye this morning:
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson appears to be a Toronto Maple Leafs fan despite growing up in Pennsylvania:
— NHL (@NHL) October 14, 2022
- The Battle of Alberta will get a little more heated up tonight as Nazem Kadri will face Evander Kane for the first time since the Western Conference Finals.
- The Washing Capitols maybe going old school in this Reverse Retro look, which is kind of cool by the way.
- Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Brent Burns played against the San Jose Sharks for the first time in eleven years. The Sharks had an emotional tribute to him on his tenure with the team.
- In a surprise move by the Avalanche, Anton Blidh has been reassigned to the Colorado Eagles.
Hidden in the transactions for today…Anton Blidh was sent from the #Avs down to the Eagles. This could have been a paper transaction though to save money until Monday when the Avs play Minnesota. #GoAvsGo #EaglesCountry pic.twitter.com/fwPYBPcfQM
— Brennan Vogt (@brennan_vogt) October 15, 2022
- In case you missed it, Pat wrote about his views of opening night and the banner raising from Wednesday night.
- Defenseman Mike Matheson will be out for about eight weeks due to injury.