It was a long day of airports and hauling a little three old around on his first airplane ride. It was an adventure in itself just to get to Ohio before we have fun here. Dater has taken a brief Eastern sojourn as well for some personal family stuff, but rest assured we’ll both be back pounding the Avalanche pavement in a day or so. Last night was action-packed with a lot of games. Marc-Andre Fleury had a bad night and knew that it was a horrible night.
- The Flower allowed four goals in just twenty minutes in the crease and got booed by the crowd in Minnesota. One thing about Marc-Andre Fleury though:
Marc-Andre Fleury on the boos from the crowd: “I don’t blame them. I’d boo myself. I was not good.” He said it’ll be hard to sleep tonight. #MNWild
— Dane Mizutani (@DaneMizutani) October 16, 2022
- The goaltender situation in Toronto has just gone from bad to worse. Matt Murray was injured in practice yesterday, as well as the third string goalie the night before. Toronto is down to their second and fourth string goalies.
- Despite a rough season last year, the Philadelphia Flyers are off to a 2-0 start with their new coach, John Tortorella.
- Former Avalanche A.J. Greer is off to a hot start with his new club, the Boston Bruins, as he already has two goals in one game.
- The Battle of Alberta did not disappoint last night with seven goals scored between the two teams.
- The NHL found no evidence to support anonymous sexual assault allegations of a minor against former Colorado Avalanche defenseman Ian Cole
- Coach Lane Lambert gets his first win for the New York Islanders with a 7-1 blowout over the Anaheim Ducks.
- The Florida Panthers reverse retro has been leaked and the team at Florida Hockey Now found it.
- The Dallas Stars are off to a good start (Dallas Hockey Now)
- Darcy Kuemper got his first win as a Washington Capital last night (Washington Hockey Now)